Sunday, March 15, 2009

Another tragic loss for the sport of wreslting.

As a kid, I grew up watching professional wrestling idolizing these monsters of the ring. My grandfather introduced me to the sport. He and I would watch wrestling events religiously and to this day I credit him and thank him for introducing me to this wonderful sport. Since then, I have continued to watch wrestling. I just can't get enough of these guys. To me, they are real life comic book here. Basically, to me, its fantasy meets reality. Nonetheless, I have seen all of the greats live and in color. I have attended numerous wrestling events and till this day I plan to go to as much as I can. I have seen all the greats including Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan and The Rock just to name a few. At the same time, I have witnessed all of the tragedies including Owen Heart’s death and even last year's Chris Benoit's. That last sentence I just wrote is sad because it is disappointing these guys our taking their lives. I write this blog today because former champion Test was found dead in Tampa. As of right now, there are no motives, but more than likely some speculate it could be drug related. I know these guys haven't hard. They basically live on the road traveling for hundreds of mile just to entertain the crowd for a couple of minutes. But, why take their lives away. Many children idolize them just like I idolize The Rock or Stone Cold when I grew up. Believe it or not, I credit the sport for introducing me to health and fitness. I always wanted to be in shape just Triple H. Wrestling was the motivation for me to get me in the gym. Just like they inspired me, I am sure other children look up to wrestlers. Thus, these talented athletes need to be aware of the consequences and be smart about the sport. They can't allow the stress get to them because it might lead to a disaster. My heart goes to Test's family. It is a tragic loss because he was only in his early 30's and I know he had a lot more to offer. May God bless him and his family. As for the current wrestlers, as fans we don't expect a lot but to entertain us. Surely, you don't have to put your bodies on the line because you do enough just walking inside that squared circle.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home